Mobile Restaurant Marketing
Mobile Marketing For Restaurants
Orbis Consultancy offers Mobile Restaurant Marketing Services to gain new customers and keep existing customers coming to their restaurants.
As you know, the restaurant industry is becoming more competitive by the day, and your competitors are scrambling to get their brand out there ahead of yours. An important tool that many restaurants are using to attract customers is Mobile Restaurant Marketing. Mobile Restaurant Marketing is marketing your restaurant through their mobile phones or devices. Did you know that 80% of Americans have a cell phone that they carry literally everywhere? So, Mobile Restaurant Marketing is almost a guaranteed way to reach potential customers.
Benefits of Mobile Marketing for Restaurants
Mobile Restaurant Marketing has the potential to replace all other forms of restaurant marketing because its costs are low while the benefits are very high. There are seemingly limitless benefits to mobile marketing, but here are some of the major benefits for restaurants:
- Low Cost. One method being used is Text Message Marketing. Text Message Marketing is one of the most cost-effective methods of marketing because you save on paper and postage as you don’t have to print out or mail anything. The cost of sending text messages is mere pennies.
- Ability To Track Effectiveness. The problem with print advertising is that, unless customers physically bring in a coupon, there is really no way for you to judge how effective the ad campaigns was. Mobile Restaurant Marketing techniques require a response from the customer in order to get the deal or discount, so you can calculate the effectiveness based on the number of responses.
- The Demographics Are Highly Desirable. In addition to people who are over 40 who regularly use their smartphones and eat out, the Millennial Generation, or Generation-Y (people born from 1978 to 2000) is another desired market for restaurants. This generation is the one most connected. Their cell phones are always close by, so marketing to this group through their phones is really speaking to them in their language.
- High Effectiveness. Generally speaking, it is estimated that responses to print ads is typically around 3.5%, but responses to mobile marketing campaigns are around 15%. That’s almost five times more response.
- It Complements Other Forms Of Marketing. The more advanced a customer’s mobile phone (such as a smartphone), the more you can implement other ideas such as video commercials into your mobile marketing campaigns. Another way these two forms are interacting is by calling for a text response in a TV or radio advertisement. For instance, a commercial may say something like, “Text ‘pizza50’ to 555555 to receive a pizza for 50% off.”
Effective Mobile Restaurant Marketing Strategies
Two goals for Mobile Restaurant Marketing are to bring more customers in the door and increase brand awareness. There are many different mobile marketing strategies to use, but here are some of the most effective for restaurants:
- Mobile Website. Have a mobile website that is easy to see and navigate using a cell phone. This is not your regular website which is not made to be seen correctly on a cell phone. Take a look a this Mobile Restaurant Website using your smartphone and see how easy it is to navigate. Go to www.orbisconsultancy.net/mobilerestdemo/ or scan this QR Code with your smartphone:
- Mobile Coupons. Here you send a coupon code via text message to everyone in your database. If they are interested in your offer, they redeem the coupon by coming in and showing the code on their phones to your cashiers.
- Text message contests. You can text trivia questions about your restaurant or “be the first to respond” text messages to customers in your database in order to receive a free menu item or other prize.
- Text message surveys. If you are considering new menu items or want to offer a daily special, you could text choices to your customers and ask their opinion. For example, if you wanted to know whether customers prefer a regular cheeseburger or a bacon cheeseburger, you can have them text “bacon” or “cheese” to vote.
- Text message alerts. You can text daily specials, remind customers of upcoming events or announce new menu items, all without having to print a single flier.
- QR Codes. This is one of the more complex methods of mobile marketing. Basically, a QR Code is a two-dimensional bar code that you can put on billboards or in magazine ads. Within the bar code you can imbed a coupon code or other information, and customers who take a picture of the code (with their camera phones) will be able to receive the coupon.
Our Tips for Successful Mobile Restaurant Marketing
In order to make your mobile marketing campaign a success, here are a few tips you need to follow.
- Keep it simple. Keep your messages short and simple. On a lot of mobile phones, text messages are limited to 160 characters (including spaces).
- Offer an instant incentive to opt-in. You want to get customers to respond to your messages, and the best way to do that is to offer a savings or discount, like 10-15% off their next purchase if they respond.
- Create Urgency! Make it a limited-time offer. In order to make customers feel like they’re getting a great deal, and that the deal is only going to last a short period of time, put a time limit (like a couple of hours) on any coupon codes you send them. This will hopefully get them to respond immediately, and the time limit also means you probably won’t lose track of what coupon goes with which deal.
- Send texts during hungry periods. Sending text messages with Daily Lunch Specials around 10:00 A.M. will put your establishment at the forefront of customers’ minds when they start thinking about Lunch. You can do the same with any other time of day, such as Dinner or Sunday Brunch.
- Instant-reply your thanks. Sending an automated reply that says “Thank You For Taking Advantage Of Our Offer” to your customers every time they answer your text messages will make customers feel more appreciated and increase their loyalty to your brand.
About Orbis Consultancy
As your Mobile Marketing Agency, we will help you design a campaign and even track its effectiveness for you. We can help with everything described above to save you time. Mobile Marketing is the wave of the future, so act now before you are left behind and your competitors take advantage.